Cadmaven

Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday Musings

memories of
john lennon
edited and introduced by
Yoko Ono
I just finished this book of snippets of John Lennon memories by a group of people, some of them well known, who both knew or never met John, but had something to say about John that yoko thought worth publishing.

I laughed and cried and laughed and cried my way through the book and I'm left with certain impressions:

  • I was as impressed with the submissions, which were in alphabetical order, as I was with the omissions. I believe that there were some submissions that made the book because they had nice things to say about Yoko and some were from someone like you or me that never met John but were influenced by him. I was surprised that there was nothing from any of the Beatles in the book.
  • The book was published on the 25th anniversary of John's murder, which brought out an interesting sidelight. 8 December 1980 was also remembered by my favorite radio station, KINK, with an entire day dedicated to John Lennon and Beatles music, yet the prior day, 7 December, "A day that will live in infamy", was not mentioned as having taken place 64 years ago. I guess it would have been ludicrous to play Japanese music on the 7th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home