Cadmaven

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wednesday's Woes etc.

Today's front page news reported that the civil unrest in Iraq was predicted by some government agency three years ago and the information was disregarded by the administration which only reinforces my concern for all this information being gathered by the illegal wire taps. Who has the time to listen to all this stuff and then draw conclusions from what was gathered and then try to convince someone else that what they heard is significant? My faith in this administration accepting any sort of input that does not support their preconceived notions is very low.

All this data gathering made me thing of this poem that I always thought was by Ogden Nash;

The Pelican
A wonderful bird is the Pelican,
His bill can hold more than his belican.
He can take in his beak
Food enough for a week;
But I'm damned if I see how the helican.

~ Dixon Lanier Merritt (often incorrectly attributed to Ogden Nash)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home