Cadmaven

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Thanks, Carla J. Martin

I have been trying to locate the connection that I have been making for years with reference to the story of “The Devil & Daniel Webster”. It is in my recollection that I heard the key ingredient of this story is that when it is suggested that he attack the devil with any means possible, Webster’s reply is that when you beat the devil at his own game you are left with the lack of all those things you were trying to defend. I can’t verify this from the written item so I might have heard it in the film version. The bottom line for me is that Webster understood that you have to fight the bad guys with the LAW and not circumvent the LAW to get what you want even though the bad guys don’t necessarily follow the rules.

This story of the over-zealous TSA Lawyer is just another example of someone that should have read “The Devil & Daniel Webster”. (As well as our President and his AG)

Thanks Carla for making me want to write my Blog today.

"The Devil and Daniel Webster"
by Stephen Vincent Benet
This is the article that pushed my button today.
Judge Weighs Next Steps in Moussaoui Trial
By Richard A. Serrano, Times Staff Writer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home