Cadmaven

Saturday, December 15, 2007

THE DEATH WATCH-THIRTY-SEVEN


Random Thoughts

12/13/2007 3:29 PM


It finally happened. I never saw it coming but I fell down. I had just stood up to fill my feeding bag with water after my food ran out this morning, and the next thing I knew I was on the floor with water all over me. I had not passed out so I quickly covered the bag that was partially filled with water and then tried to recover as much of the water that was left in the bottle. I made it to my feet and then my chair without any damage to either myself or the furniture. There was stuff scattered all over the room but no great damage to the room. I did learn my lesson that when they said I would be groggy, I now know what “groggy” means. I will be more careful in the future.

12/14/2007 2:42 AM


I guess I just changed the whole dynamic of my existence by making my life that extra careful which now represents the slowing down of my existence. Sue immediately rearranged the furniture and said that when I go to feed I will get a water bottle separately hung so I won’t have to make any changes during feeding. She said she will fix up the downstairs bathroom so I can shower here instead of going up to the second floor for my shower. Who am I to argue with her after my falling down? I got my patch changed last night and took two sleeping pills when I went to bed at 9:30PM. I just woke up and although it is early, I do feel well rested. I have an easy day to look forward to so at least I won’t be trying to break anything.

12/14/2007 3:59 PM


All’s quite since I’m afraid to move out of my chair and it takes me all day to read the paper. This new patch keeps me sleepy. I’ll see if I can find an Oregon Sunset to add to this write-up. Letha is going away for the week-end at Melissa’s and tomorrow Sue and I are driving down to see Zachary. It’ll be nice to get out for a change.










12/15/2007 1:20 AM


Since I was afraid of getting hurt last night while I was home alone, I decided to get to sleep early. I voided myself while Melissa was here and immediately after she left I turned out all the lights and tried to sleep. I just woke up about ten minutes ago. I voided myself and I’m going to try to get back to sleep.

12/15/2007 1:42 PM


It turned out to be a miserable night. Since I was home alone I was afraid of getting myself hurt by falling down when moving from place to place. I didn’t move very much, in fact, not at all. I was not in pain but I also couldn’t sleep so I was in and out of sleep in fits and starts. By the time Sue got home at 8AM I had to go to the bathroom really bad. She also gave me some extra pain medication and the sleeping pills I hadn’t taken the night before. I finally got to sleep. She is still asleep so we plan to call Zachary as soon as she wakes up.

1 Comments:

  • Find out if there's a smaller dosage for that patch you're on; the fact that you're not in pain is great, but being so groggy and sleepy isn't good. There has to be some mid-point between being in pain and being sleepy all the time, right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home