Cadmaven

Sunday, October 28, 2007

THE DEATH WATCH-SIX

The spitting seems to be necessary more often and at times the coughing comes in fits and spasms. I feel like there is something growing inside of me trying to choke the life out of me. It’s like the part in “Alien” when the thing explodes out of his chest. Admittedly, it was at this point that I stopped watching the movie. For some lucky reason the spasms seem to stop when I try to sleep and I seem to be getting a good nights sleep sitting in the lounger. I do wake up rather early, around 4AM, at which time I don’t feel the need for more sleep. It might be my bladder that is sending me the wake-up call so I just stay awake and type this for the Blog on the laptop.

My daily routine has a pretty regular schedule now because I have to get my nourishment via the feeding tube. The time line may shift slightly so that I can get our little girl to the school bus on school days. On those days my breakfast doesn’t get started until 7:40AM. Today I will try to shower around 6AM and start my breakfast by 6:30AM since we have a soccer game this morning, Saturday. The feeding time allows me to get through reading the daily newspaper and also do the crossword puzzle.

I’ve ordered a wireless card for the laptop so that with the new wireless modem I have I will be able to get on the Internet directly from the feeding station. There always seem to be items I think of checking while using the laptop that I forget to check when I work at the computer. For example, I wonder if there is a web site or a chat room for people who can’t swallow whole food? I have yet to try to find that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home