Cadmaven

Friday, December 21, 2007

THE DEATH WATCH-LAST

Random Thoughts

This is going to be the last entry for the Blog. I will be writing in it in bits and pieces since I don’t have an exact date but in case I should die suddenly in my sleep, I will have written down some last thoughts. I will leave instructions that this document not be made public until I am dead. Since I am trying to give an honest account of my last days and I don’t have an exact date this is the only thing I could think of.

------

Michael died quietly today at about 6:30pm, surrounded by his three children, Jessica, Zachary and Caleb, his loving wife, Sue, and his "favorite son-in-law" Chris. He evidently didn't get around to having any random thoughts between the time he decided to jot them down and the time he died today. Thanks to all of you for reading the blog, and for your comments, which meant the world to him.

- Michael's daughter Jessica

4 Comments:

  • I am so sorry to read of your dad's passing, Jessica and family. I only began reading Michael's blog the last few months, but through his writing, got a clear sense that he was someone very special, who was committed to making a difference over his life time~ even willing to share what he could, in terms of his teachings, when he was so ill. Thanks, Jessica, for encouraging your dad, way back at the beginning of his blog, to share with all of us in cyberspace~ even those who never met him have been blessed by his time that he shared.

    Pam Skelding
    British Columbia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:35 AM  

  • I am sorry to read about your father's passing. I discovered his blog a while ago and have been reading his new and past entries. He was very courageous in his battle with esophageal cancer. It is a horrible disease that is often discovered too late. My mother was diagnosed with it December 23, 2000 and was dead six months later on May 23, 2001 after having the chemo, radiation and the surgery to remove her esophagus. Thank you for encouraging him to share his thoughts online. He was a special man.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 PM  

  • Jessie, I am so very sorry.

    By Blogger vj, at 11:31 AM  

  • Condolences to you all. There are no words, only tears and a void. Peace.

    By Blogger Mary, at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home