Cadmaven

Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday the oneth

I’m still around. I have not dropped off the edge of the earth. I have just been too lazy to write. In fact, I feel remarkably well. I was engrossed with the 87th Precinct and then shifted to stories about Lew Archer and then I went on to blood, gore and mayhem with Alex Cross, to avoid watching the TV news of blood, gore and mayhem.

After the pre-Halloween party I spent half a day on a second grade field trip to an historic firehouse in Portland. Two half days with eight year olds was enough for a whole year for me.

The month of November was the wettest on record for Portland and it also included freezing temps. It’s strange to be looking forward to December and winter.

I did hear from a head-hunter so the job front does look promising. I may yet get back to work although my daily routine is acquiring a life of its own;

6:30AM Rise and shine
6:45 Wake the little princess & start to fix breakfast for the two of us
7:45 Head out the door for school
8:00 Head for the gym and my daily work-out
9:00 Return home, exercised, showered and refreshed, to read the newspaper and do the crossword puzzle.
2:00 Pick-up the little princess after spending the day reading, running errands, reading, working at the computer and reading some more.
2:30 to 4:00 Spending time with the little princess on homework, projects or reading while she works on her computer.
4:00 Wake Sue!!!
6:00 Dinner, and then it’s my TV time. Football on Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights.

This would easily change if I got gainful employment. I’m not really ready to retire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home