Cadmaven

Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday the Thirteenth

This past week-end with the “girls” (my Grand Daughters) was really great as I always enjoy their company. We played a rousing game of Monopoly and the two sisters got very cut-throat, as was expected. In “Monopoly according to my rules”, the properties are dealt out and then the trading begins. When I told Sue about the game in front of the little one, she volunteered that her cousins are on each other’s cases at home in such a way that even the dogs stop to get pop-corn just to watch.

The rainy weather was augmented last night by some high winds which really set our wind chimes in motion. This morning there was a bit of debris in the back yard but no trees were turned over.

Due to the inordinate amount of free time I seem to have I have been reading books by an author that I just discovered, Ed McBain. He’s only been writing books for 50 plus years and has only written 40 87th Precinct books in that time frame. I can’t believe that there was never a TV show based on his books. The Eight-Seven sounds like a cross between Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue and I’ve rally enjoyed the dozen I’ve already read. Since I joined the Library I have an unlimited source for books but I may not be able to find all 40 that he wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home