Cadmaven

Monday, November 19, 2007

THE DEATH WATCH-TWENTY-TWO

On the rare occasions when I have no place to drive or don't plan on driving myself I have tried to increase my pain dosages and frequency and the results are significant. I am able to sit comfortably in any chair or sofa without having to place my legs in strategic positions. I don't feel dizzy or high while I am pain free but I do find that I tend to doze off while watching TV or reading a book. Although I feel well rested I still tend to doze when I am sitting and I can see that this would not be very good if I were sitting and driving. I find that I try to stay particularly alert while driving and I try to maintain a certain level of pain just to keep me aware that I am not that influenced by the drugs.

I made a mistake today. I thought that since I was just sitting around watching football today I really didn’t need my regular dose of painkiller. I was so wrong. The progress of my cancer has now reached the point where the pain occurs whether I am moving or not. Up to now I was pain free when I was stationary so I just assumed that there was no need to take the pain meds unless I planned to move. My first indicator of my error in planning was when my jaw started hurting while I was just sitting. The second indicator was that I couldn’t find a comfortable sitting position. The final blow was when I finally decided to take the painkiller and I was in so much pain I could hardly move. I have learned my lesson and I hope I don’t make the same mistake again. But, to err is human, so I’m sure it’ll happen again even though I don’t look forward to it happening.

This ought to be an interesting week. Monday I have to get a blood sample taken and on Tuesday morning I have to go to the hospital to have a central line installed. Thursday is Thanksgiving so I will be “eating” all my meals before we leave the house and I just hope we remember to take the pain meds with us. The week after Thanksgiving is when the Clinical Trial really starts.

I got my new laptop on Saturday and since I got it especially for the wireless capability I wanted from my recliner but somehow I couldn’t get it to work. It is a nice computer but somehow I need to get some keys or spit-balls-of-wisdom on how to get the parts I have to talk to each other. I still have high hopes.

1 Comments:

  • i was looking over the npr web-site, searching for something to listen to and i ended up somehow with only news options. i read the first 2 words of the headlines and it started to make me laugh. a bunch.
    i thought you might like it to.

    caleb


    five now
    fbi releases
    eugene lands
    chinese community
    jesuits reach
    pdx gears
    it's christmas
    raids spread
    feds seize
    'mr. whipple'
    nearly 5,000
    legal challenges
    are the patriots'
    reading study
    activists aim
    fighting in
    aid streams
    amazon rolls
    bush adviser
    sidr leaves
    u.s. national
    attention, airlines;
    top khmer rouge
    pakistan court
    inclusion the latest
    macy's seeks
    philanthropic gardener
    black women
    traveling economists
    pastor of alabama
    russian scientists
    iraq insurgents
    thai voter
    how chocolate
    nobel winning climate
    musharraf insists
    hussein retreat
    mike huckabee
    rare national
    naomi wolf
    marchers demand
    giuliani leads
    hymnal update
    war funding,
    harvard for the home-schooled, christian crowd
    protesters demand
    ruling hurts
    senate rejects
    clinton hits
    france braced
    first hearing
    farc talks
    israel seeks
    japan ups
    aid battle
    us joins
    foreigners held
    'no chance'
    tennis: henin
    ethiopia 'bombs'
    niger raids
    dollar continues
    canada pig
    burma warned
    taiwan blocks
    eu warns
    eu ratchets up
    iran nuclear
    palestinian schemes
    challenges to musharraf
    guards 'killed
    kosovo's long-lasting
    madagascar's sapphire
    romania's horse

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home