Cadmaven

Saturday, November 03, 2007

THE DEATH WATCH-TWELVE

MONDAY-29 OCTOBER 2007


3AM and I feel well rested after taking a painkiller at around 6:30PM with my dinner and an Ativan at bedtime, around 11PM. There seems to be a definite improvement in the frequency of my spitting although the character of the spit seems also to have changed. As I said before, I can only hope that the situation keeps improving after today’s last treatment. I’m almost tempted to try a cup of soup very soon. I have a couple of errands to do today and I should really try to get some bills done today. Tomorrow looks like it could be a long day with the meeting with the research team.

The World Series is over now that the Red Sox swept the Colorado Rockies in four games and we get off daylight saving next weekend. The last soccer game for the season is on the 10th and Halloween is in two days so there is a lot to look forward to, as well as Thanksgiving, which is just around the corner. I have to set myself some more milestones and keep getting grateful when I reach them. All-in-all I just hope to stay alert and not get into a vegetative state too soon.

I had may last radiation treatment and talked to the Oncologist who helped me fill out the form describing what my last wishes are for treatment in case I lose consciousness. It is a bright pink form and we’re supposed to post it on the refrigerator so the EMTs can spot it easily. At least I’m getting my paperwork done. The final results of the radiation treatment won’t be evident for a few weeks but I feel better already.

He doesn’t feel that my demise is immanent so he said just hang in there and take my pain medicine and incase I run into a situation where something hurts beyond the painkiller’s abilities I should call him and he can have the local area zapped with x-rays and make a quick repair. It’s reassuring to have this kind of support. I feel badly for the Oncologists that have to report the bad news to me so I try to reassure them that I am fine with what is happening and I promise not to go berserk with “Why me?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home