Cadmaven

Sunday, November 04, 2007

THE DEATH WATCH-THIRTEEN

It’s 1:15AM on Tuesday the 30th of October and I can’t sleep. I think I slept for a little bit between 11:00PM and now but I awoke for no apparent reason. My entire life cycle is upside-down so I expect that within a few minutes I will feel tired enough to try to sleep again. The painkiller has worn off so getting up and around is a bit of a pain. From now on I will pay closed attention to when I take the painkiller. Under the influence of the painkiller I was able to function very well.

It’s 5:00AM and I got my wake-up call from my bladder again. This time I could have slept longer but the timing was perfect get my breakfast and wake up my little girl to get ready for school. The weather looks clear and crisp and not rainy just before Halloween.

I had my Zometa Treatment this afternoon, which lasted all of fifteen minutes. I get another treatment next month and between now and then I just have to watch for side effects, of which there are possibilities of many. This treatment is supposed to strengthen my bones, which are now cancerous. I hope that it at least will diminish the pain.

Tonight will be interesting because one of the side effects is supposed to be difficulty in sleeping.

I woke up at 3:00AM with the words, “We are Marshall!” ringing in my ears. I stayed up to midnight to see this movie and I wasn’t about to let their story go down so easily. I will go back to sleep tonight but I had to make sure my system was purged of the feel good nature of the ending.

The net result of my Zometa Treatment is that I had a very sleepless night and I have spent the day with stomach cramps. I hit at least two of the long list of possible side effects.

Unless something outstanding occurs during the next few days, I will put the Blog on Limbo until the Blog catches up with the real time world. I will keep posting everyday but the next entry will appear on the day it is actually written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home